In this blog post I will briefly talk about what I have done in my three month work period at AerospaceResearch.net. I will link to all the code, documentation, blogs etc. that were the product of this work.
What was done?
- The directDemod module was written from scratch with several modules that will help in easy handling of raw IQ files.
- Implementation of NOAA demodulation and decoding completed with several features such as color image production, map overlay.
- Implementation of Meteor M2 (QPSK) and Funcube (BPSK) demodulators.
- Accurate sync detection in NOAA, Meteor M2 and Funcube.
- Individual module documentation, tutorials and getting started guides.
Links to the work products:
- Main repository: https://github.com/aerospaceresearch/DirectDemod
- My commits: https://github.com/aerospaceresearch/DirectDemod/commits?author=7andahalf
- Documentation site: http://directdemod.readthedocs.io/en/vinay_dev
- Experiment logs: https://mybinder.org/v2/gh/aerospaceresearch/DirectDemod/Vinay_dev
- Blogs: All blogs by me https://aerospaceresearch.net/?author=12
How to get started with using the software?
If you want to use it to decode your raw files, mainly as a product user. Please refer to the getting started guide.
If you want to understand the code and contribute you can do the following:
- To understand generally what the code is doing please read my blogs @ (https://aerospaceresearch.net/?author=12)
- To understand how to use some of the modules please refer to the tutorial files
- To get a deeper understanding and innerworkings of filters, chunking etc. modules read through the experiment logs in the repo.
- Please refer to the documentation to get a complete list of features available in the modules.
What can be further done?
- The Funcube sync finding can be better tested and tuned, so that it performs better.
- Add data decoding functionality for Meteor M2 and Funcubes to get the images out of them etc.
- Fine tune the color image production of NOAA images
- Further ideas can be found at https://github.com/aerospaceresearch/DirectDemod/issues
If you have further questions you can always comment on this blog, open an issue in the github or email me directly.